a jpg. Last Friday: #IndieWeb Leaders gathered (📷 @iwontsignuphere) and discussed improving our community, our outreach, and even our website, which updated that night, right before the IndieWeb Summit: indiewebcamp.com

Leaders are those who have stepped up and organized an IndieWebCamp in the past 2 years, or have hosted at least two Homebrew Website Club meetups (and documented them, with at least one photo).

Regardless, we organized our little mini IndieWeb Leaders pre-summit in the open including remote participation: https://indiewebcamp.com/2016/Leaders and took notes in our main channel: https://indiewebcamp.com/irc/2016-06-03#t1464986967180

It was really great to have a chance to talk about community issues and improvement that we are all passionate about, without having to take time to do so during the IndieWeb Summit itself.

a jpg.
We concluded with the key steps to flip the switch on our site & logo updates (Aaron distributed new stickers), and discussed what steps to take to potentially switch from indiewebcamp.com to indieweb.org.  The way we as a community openly discussed and agreed on the logo change made sense for this too.

a jpg.
Afterwards we celebrated our first successful IndieWeb Leaders Summit with snacks, drinks, and video games at Ground Kontrol.

a jpg.
The top photo is from @iwontsignuphere but the rest in this post are mine, uploaded to the IndieWebCamp wiki.

Lots more IndieWeb Leaders Summit photos from @julieannenoying in this Flickr set:
* https://www.flickr.com/photos/tollwerk/sets/72157669290044195/

More on this year’s IndieWeb Summit to follow!

(Written while sitting next to rhiaro.co.uk who asked if I automatically send webmentions to my person-tags and I realized I did not! So I just added support for it. Starting with this post, any person-tags on my photos get homepage webmentions at publishing time!)

👤 gRegor Morrill(t), Ben Werdmüller(f,t), Aaron Parecki(f,t), Kyle Mahan(f,t), David Shanske(f,t), Amy Guy(t), Shane Becker(f,t), Tantek Çelik(f,t,••)
on (ttk.me t4hfB) using BBEdit