Congratulations @dissolve33 @aaronpk @kevinmarks @kylewmahan for the first #indieweb #SWAT0 demo!! Previously: http://tantek.com/2015/029/t1/swat0-posts-tags-mobile-photo-comment
This is a huge milestone.
The Social Web Acid Test Level 0 (SWAT0) was proposed nearly 5 years ago at the first Federated Social Web Summit: tantek.com/2010/199/t3/fsws-social-web-acid-test-swat-v0
There was previously only *one* demo of SWAT0, using Statusnet and Cliqset, captured only on video. The permalinks from Statusnet are gone. And Cliqset itself shutdown less than a year later.
Today is the first time SWAT0 has been done with:
* 3 people
* Ben Roberts, Aaron Parecki, Kevin Marks - and same time:
* Ben Roberts, Aaron Parecki, Kyle Mahan
* 3 different sites
* ben.thatmustbe.me, aaronparecki.com, reader.kylewm.com
* 3 different implementations
* Mobilepub, P3k+Prowl, Woodwind + (Known | Red Wind)
And as a bonus:
* from 3 different geographical locations
* Boston, Portland, SF Bay Area
* in 2 different programming languages
* PHP, Python
And last but not least, the combination of Ben Roberts, Aaron Parecki, Kyle Mahan achieving SWAT0 is a HUGE breakthrough for the web since they all did it:
* on their own sites
* with software they personally wrote
Update: See http://tantek.com/2015/193/t2/user-flow-permalinks-indieweb-swat0 for specific user flow, permalinks, and screenshots.