As before, while away I went without a few things for a few days:
4d no coffee while on yoga retreat
8d no watching media (between flights to&from)
12d no deliberate listening to music
16d+ no earphones/headphones for music
And significantly reduced screentime.
The fewer stimulants, the more calmness, the more I could see, hear, and sense.
Previously, previously, previously:
* 2018 Do not mistake stimulants for joy https://tantek.com/2018/071/t1/pursue-bring-joy-recognize-keep-close
* 2018 yoga retreat in Costa Rica (no coffee during) https://tantek.com/2018/020/t1/began-journey-home-leaving-flower
* 2011 eight days no coffee https://tantek.com/2011/012/t1/week-since-coffee-finally-craving-mountain-view-air
* 2005 reducing stimulants reduces cognitive overload https://tantek.com/log/2005/01.html#d02t2232
* 2004 six weeks+ no coffee https://tantek.com/log/2004/12.html#d30t0405