I'm at IndieWebCampSF and today, day 2, is "hack" or "create" day so I'm working on prototyping people focused mobile communication on my own website.
A few months ago I wrote about my frustrations with distracting app-centric communication interfaces, and how a people-focused mobile communication experience could not only solve that problem, but provide numerous other advantages as well.
Yesterday I led a discussion & brainstorming session on the subject, hashtagged #indiecomms, and it became clear that there were several pieces we needed to figure out:
- Mockups for what it would look like
- URLs for each communication service/app
- Markup for the collections of links and labels
- CSS for presenting it like the mockups
- Logic for presence / availability for each service
- Client Platform Detection for conditional display of platform specific apps
- Contextual Tests for user time of day, calendar, do not disturb requests etc.
So that's what I'm working on and will blog each building block as I get figure it out, create it.